Cerec Technology in Tulip Smile
What is Cerec Technology?
It is a computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) dentistry tool. The technology was first developed by W. Mormann and M. Brandestini in 1980 at the University of Zurich and today the machines are manufactured by Sirona. It uses 3-D photography and CAD/CAM technology that allows our dentists at Tulip Smile Dental Practice to construct, produce and install individual ceramic restorations (inlay, onlay, crown or bridge) in-office. So what used to take multiple appointments for evaluation, impressions and off-site lab manufacturing can now be accomplished in just one appointment. Now our Dr. Raj can create near perfect restorations on a regular basis.
CEREC treatment usually includes the following:
The advantages of this advanced machine include:
- Fewer visits
- Lower cost restorations
- Shorter appointment times
- Only one anesthetic injection
- Long lasting results
- More natural-looking restorations
- No off-site lab fees
- No temporary restorations
- Biocompatible materials instead of metal alloys
- No bulky molds that make you gag
- No issue with inaccurate dental impressions